There are many people who want to work for their country, work for the benefit of the citizens of their country, work for a government organisation etc. If you are someone who wants to do the same, here is the opportunity for you.
Statistics Canada is looking for an administrative assistant for census 2021. The details for the same is mentioned below:
About Statistics Canada
Statistics Canada is the Canadian government agency, formed in the year 1971, with its headquarters at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, was formed for providing statistics details of Canada and helps Canada to better understand its resources, population, economy, society and culture.
As mentioned earlier this recruitment procedure is done for the post of Administrative Assistant, Census 2021. Statistics Canada is looking for candidates who can work from home for the month of October 2020 to August 2021. There are 72 number of positions to be fulfilled for administrative assistance for the census 2021. Candidates are required who can work in the following locations:
Calgary, Cold Lake, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Brandon Thompson, Winnipeg, Iqaluit, Yellowknife, Prince Albert, Regina, Saskatoon, Yorkton, Kamloops, Prince George, Vancouver, Victoria, Terrace, Whitehorse, Merritt, Cranbrook, Penticton, Chilliwack, Williams Lk, Quesnel, Dawson Creek, Whistler, Mission, Abbotsford, Squamish, Powell River, Sechelt, Gibbsons, Duncan, Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Kelowna, Surrey, Port Moody, Delta, Richmond, Burnaby, Nelson, Penticton, Coquitlam, Smithers, Prince Rupert, Hope
Ajax, Barrie, Belleville, Brantford, Brockville, Cobourg, Cornwall, Hamilton, Hawkesbury, Kenora, Kingston, Lindsay, London, Markham, Mississauga, North Bay, Orillia, Oshawa, Ottawa, Parry Sound, Peterborough, Sarnia, Sault St. Marie, Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay, Timmins, Toronto, Windsor, Sturgeon Falls
St. John’s, Bay Roberts, Grand Falls-Windsor, Gander, Corner Brook, Charlottetown, Summerside, Halifax, Kentville, Truro, New Glasgow, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, Bathurst, Miramichi, Campbellton, Edmundston, Québec (city),Pont-Rouge, Sept-Iles, Baie-Comeau, Tadoussac, Charlevoix, Saguenay, Lac-Saint-Jean, Chibougamau, La Tuque, Saint-Michel-des-Saints, Lac-Mégantic, Nicolet, Bécancour, Victoriaville, Thetford Mines, Gaspésie, Bas-Saint-Laurent, Sherbrooke, Drummondville, Granby, Bromont, Laval, Montréal , Boucherville, Sorel-Tracy, Longueuil, Brossard, Chambly, Châteauguay, Candiac, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Île-Perrot, Gatineau, Témiscaming, Abitibi, Mont-Laurier, Joliette, Trois-Rivières, Shawinigan, Repentigny, Saint- Sauveur, Sainte-Adèle, Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Mont-Tremblant, Saint-Eustache, Oka, Deux- Montagnes.
To apply for the post of administrative assistant, census 2021 the candidates should fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must reside within an 80 km radius of the position being staffed, applicants of outside residence will be considered when there is an insufficient number of applicants residing or working in the specific location.
- Updated contact information in the application to describe the eligibility.
- Successful completion of two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in providing general administrative support services in an office environment. Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening /closing and locating software programs and files).
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Ability to work in a team so that the section attains its objectives
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and respect deadlines
Note: If you have previously applied on the Census CR-04 process 20-STC-EA-NAT-753-478 you do not need to apply on this selection process as the initial evaluation of candidates will be the same for both processes.
Note: Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Some more conditions
- Have a secure office space and a private area at your place of residence to make confidential phone calls
- Have reliable internet access at your place of residence
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally according to operational needs;
- Availability and willingness to work overtime according to operational needs.
Note: The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate’s responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.
Some more conditions which can be applied later:
- Client service orientation
- Providing mailroom support services such as pickup and delivery, sorting of mail or messenger services
- Providing service to clients by telephone, in person or in writing
- Taking and transcribing minutes of meetings, including records of decisions
- Scheduling and organizing teleconferences, videoconferences or meetings
- Providing support services in the management of projects
- Scheduling and organizing travel arrangements
- Verifying and processing travel claims and invoices
- Using a travel management system
- Providing budget and financial support services
- Experience with regular or census collection operations
- Experience working in a government environment
- Experience working during a previous Statistics Canada census
Duties to be performed by administrative assistance for the census is:
- Have great attention to detail
- Can schedule and organize any type of activity or calendar
- Can work in a high paced office environment
- Can communicate efficiently with both their team members, clients and management
- Knows their way around a computer and different computer software programs
Some points required to be kept in mind
- The candidate will not be eligible for internal appointment processes or deployments, except for acting appointments and deployments made to positions excluded by the Statistics Canada Census and Survey Related Term Employment Exclusion Approval Order (EAO).
- The candidate will not be eligible for indeterminate status as a result of your employment in the Census program; time spent as an excluded employee will not count towards the three-year term to indeterminate conversion.
- The candidate will be entitled to seven days’ notice if you are rejected on probation.
- The candidate will be entitled to seven days’ notice when your employment ends, should your services no longer be required by reason of lack of work, the end of the census cycle or the transfer of work to other staff.
- Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at http://www.cicic.ca/
- Internal reference contacts are not restricted to the list of names given by the candidate. The Selection Committee reserves the right to contact other references within the federal public service.
- For this process, second official language oral proficiency may be assessed using the Position-Specific Assessment for Oral Proficiency at the B Level (PSA-B). Prior to the assessment, you will be provided with more information on the format of the assessment. It will be recorded for quality control and research purposes. If you already possess a valid Second Language Evaluation – Test of Oral Proficiency result of B or higher, you do not need to take the PSA-B.
The salary for the administrative assistant for the census will vary between $47,729 to $51,518.
There are many benefits which the census administrative assistant and employees of Statistics Canada are given. The benefits are like an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, employment equity, equality, applying leads to inventory for future vacancies, work from home, retirement benefits, insurance benefits, paid leaves, sick leaves and many more.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply online.
While applying the candidate is required to present his/her:
- Contact information for 2 references
The application should compulsorily consist of the education details and experience details.
The pool of qualified candidates established from this process may be used to staff similar positions for the 2021 Census in various locations, various linguistic profiles, tenures, security clearances and/or conditions of employment.