When it comes to working or doing a job, every person wants a job in a reputed company, wants to work for a reputed company. Public Service and Procurement Canada has come up with a job, for the inventory post.
PSPC employs people with diverse skills, interests and backgrounds from across Canada. Whether a person is a recent graduate or an employee seeking new challenges, PSPC is looking for someone, who is looking to gain new experiences and develop various skills, people who would like to work in an environment that is stimulating and focused on client service excellence.
The details about the same are mentioned below:
About Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
PSPC is a department of the government of Canada which is responsible for the government’s internal servicing and administration. PSPC plays a meaningful role in the daily operations of the Government of Canada by providing innovative common services such as real estate and building management, purchasing, banking, pay, pensions and translation to other government departments, agencies and boards.
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) is not only recruiting for an inventory post but also recruiting for various posts from CR-5 and AS-1 which are:
- Procurement: Senior Purchasing Assistant, Acquisition Systems Coordinator;
- Human resources: HR Assistant, Administrative Officer;
- Finance: Senior Financial Assistant, Senior Financial Clerk;
- Personnel Security: Personnel Security Screening Specialist, Support Officer;
- Records management: Records Center Supervisor, Project Officer;
- Pay and benefits: Compensation assistant, Contact Center Representative, Compensation Advisor Trainee.
- Administrative support to a member of management: Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Scheduling Assistant.
The inventory will be used to staff various CR-05 and AS-01 positions, or equivalent, with employment tenures, language and security requirements, conditions of employment and work locations that will vary depending on the position being staffed.
PSPC is searching for employees to work at various locations like:
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Calgary (Alberta), Edmonton (Alberta), Langley (British Columbia), Vancouver (British Columbia), Victoria (British Columbia), Vancouver Island – Other locations (British Columbia), Vancouver Region – Other locations (British Columbia), Winnipeg (Manitoba), Fredericton (New Brunswick), Miramichi (New Brunswick), Moncton (New Brunswick), Saint John (New Brunswick), Shediac (New Brunswick), St. Andrews (New Brunswick), Moncton Region – Other locations (New Brunswick), Corner Brook (Newfoundland and Labrador), St. John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador), Inuvik (Northwest Territories), Yellowknife (Northwest Territories), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Cape Breton – Other locations (Nova Scotia), Cornwall (Ontario), Kingston (Ontario), London (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario), Peterborough (Ontario), Stratford (Ontario), Toronto (Ontario), Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island), Summerside (Prince Edward Island), Gatineau (Québec), Matane (Québec), Montréal Island (Québec), Québec (Québec), Saint-Hubert (Québec), Montréal – Other locations (Québec), Regina (Saskatchewan), Whitehorse (Yukon)
Note: Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first. Requirements for the posts are given below:
- A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- A certificate from a recognized institution with acceptable specialization in office administration or in another field relevant to the position to be staffed (e.g. Human Resources, Business, Finance or Communications).
- Experience in providing support services in one or more fields like procurement, finance, human resource, personal security, information/records management and pay and benefits.
- Experience in providing administrative support services to a member of management.
- Experience using Excel MS Office software (e.g. for creating reports, spreadsheets, diagrams or charts).
- Experience using MyGCHR software (PeopleSoft).
- Various language requirements like English, French or Bilingual. Majority positions located in the NCR (National Capital Region) are bilingual.
- Few conditions which can be applied later are Reliability, Client Service, Communication, Problem-Solving, Attention to detail, planning and organizing, Effective interpersonal relationships, security requirements depending on the position being staffed, other conditions depending on the position being staffed.
Some more things to remember are
- PSPC contacts through email, that’s why the candidates should make sure that the email address provided by them is valid and accepts messages from unknown users. It is a responsibility of the candidates to regularly check their email, junk mail and their GC Jobs account to find out about all the information regarding this inventory.
- If a candidate receives a message “Application rejected at screening” immediately after submitting the application, he/she probably answered “No” to the screening question assessing the essential qualification of education. If he/she has incorrectly indicated “No” for this qualification, then it is asked to simply retrieve application anupdateste and answer the screening question.
- The application will be kept in the inventory for 30 days. A notice will be posted in the “My Job File” menu of the candidate account 5 days before his/her application expires. If the candidate does not take this into account, their application will be deactivated and it will no longer be considered for submissions from this inventory. In the event, if an application expires during the effective period of this inventory, a notice will be posted in the account. If the candidate wishes to confirm their interest and reactivate their application, they should select the “Renewal of my application” link.
- Personal information can be updated from the “Personal Information” section, in the “My Job File” menu of your account.
- Candidates can contact PSPC through their “contact us” option on the official website or by calling on 1-888-780-4444.
- Candidates with any disability problems can contact the Federal Public Service Job
For the inventory post, the PSPC will provide the salary according to education qualification, skills and experience of the employee. The salary will vary between $51,538 to $57,643.
Benefits provided by PSPC to its employees are:
- Inclusive and barrier-free work environment.
- Improve skills
- Training and Learning
- Competitive salaries with annual increases.
- Advantageous pension regime and benefits.
- Up to 3 weeks of holidays per year, which increase with years of service.
- Flexible work arrangements – the possibility of teleworking and compressed workweeks to help you balance your personal and work life.
- Employment equity.
How to apply
When it comes to applying for the job, a person living in Canada can apply. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of Public Service and Procurement Canada. Candidates have to compulsorily have a resume to apply for the post. It is suggested to apply as soon as possible, the last date to apply is 31 December 2020.
Note: Depending on the position being staffed, any of the qualifications above may be deemed as an essential “must-have” or asset “nice to have”. This doesn’t mean that you must possess all qualifications, but these criteria may be a deciding factor in choosing the persons to be appointed. Therefore, it is important that you answer each of the questions. Other qualifications may apply, depending on the position being staffed.