When it comes to working or doing a particular job, no one wants to work in a mediocre company, no one wants to work for a lesser salary and almost everyone wants to work at a government office. In this article, I have given a detailed explanation about recruitment from a government company known as CRA (Canada Revenue Agency). I have given a detailed explanation about the recruitment so if anyone wants to apply for the same he/she can easily apply.
CRA (Canada Revenue Agency)
CRA is the revenue service of the government of Canada. CRA works for collecting taxes like administrative tax, law and policy tax and delivers the benefit of the same for the programs and tax creditors of the federal government.
When it comes to employment CRA is one of the top 100 employers in Canada. CRA provides jobs to candidates who are motivated and who can fill various positions like tax collectors, managers, agents etc.
CRA has come up with an empty post of a Taxpayer Services Agent. Duties performed by a taxpayer services agent are:
- Respond to inquiries and queries related to individual tax matters, CRA administered programs and related individual accounts.
- Perform various calculations related to tax determination, CRA administrative program requirements, elections, entitlements or administrative reliefs.
- Accept payments where applicable and authorised, with established parameters.
- Bilingual imperative CBC, and maybe French essential possibly based on operational needs.
Criteria required to apply for the position of taxpayer service agents are
- A person should be a Canadian citizen and Canadian citizen living abroad.
- Note: The job vacancy is in Montreal only so if a person is from the general public he/she has to bear the accommodation cost while joining and also the accommodation cost while working with CRA if he/she gets the joining letter. CRA will not be responsible for bearing any kind of accommodation costs.
- Education requirement for the position of a taxpayer service agent is a Bachelor’s degree(or higher) from a recognised university in one of the following fields: accounting, finance, administration, business administration, commerce, management or equivalent.
- OR A certificate or post-secondary diploma or high school diploma or vocational studies issued by a recognized educational institution. With the experience of 12 consecutive months acquired in the past 5 years from the following fields: customer service, accounting, finance, call centre, collections, organisations internal services to employees like information technology, purchasing and others, receptionist and also a combination of the above.
- If a candidate has all the above documents then he/she should also have a proof for the same and should be able to submit the documents whenever asked.
Note: The candidate must have a diploma issued from a Canadian university, if they have a diploma from a non-Canadian university then he/she must provide a comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec issued by the Québec’s Immigration, Diversity and inclusion Ministry or the equivalent issued by any Canadian province.
There are some more conditions which are required to apply for Taxpayer Services Agent which are mentioned below:
- Reliability/Security : Reliability Status
- Willingness to work overtime
- Willingness to work on evenings and/or on weekends
- Use of a telephone headset is required for extended periods of time while working in front of a computer monitor.
There are some essential staffing requirements which will be assessed in the candidates while recruiting and identifying which candidate will be suitable for which posts.
The candidates will be checked in the following steps
Step 1: SLE (Second Language Evaluation). The candidate should know both the languages and should be ready to work in both the languages English and French as well. The SLE will be performed using the SLE tests from the Public Service Commission of Canada. The SLE will be done in three stages which are Reading Comprehension (RC), Writing Expression (WE) and the Test of Oral Proficiency (TOP). The SLE will be conducted virtually and if the candidate clears one or more exams listed above he/she should attach the same official documents showing the results obtained.
Step 2: Professional and Ethics, this step will be performed to check the professionalism and ethical behaviour of the candidate.
Step 3: reference/employment attestation.
Step 4: Clearance certificate, if a candidate gets cleared in the above steps successfully he/she will get the job proposal conditional to the security check.
Note: If the candidate has been out of Canada for more than 6 months altogether in the last 5 years. Then he/she should possess a good conduct certificate issued by the related country Embassy.
Note: The candidates who want to participate in the staffing process should be available between 8:00 am to 5:30 pm from Monday to Saturday on the allowed to them. If the candidate remains absent at the same time then his/her application could get rejected.
Some more assets which could be required are mentioned below
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
Salary for the post of Taxpayer Services Agent will vary from $52,410 to $58,988 depending on the interview and the skills of the candidate.
There are many benefits which CRA provides to its employees which are health benefits for new employees, flexible working hours, telecommunication, transit subsidies, 3 weeks paid leave for new employees after completing the first year of their work, pension plans, retirement benefits and many more.
How to Apply
To apply for any post at CRA the candidate has to fill an Employee Equity (EE) staffing questionnaire as a part of the job application. The EE will be retained in CRA files during the staffing process. If an employee wants to apply using the EE staffing requirement then he/she should complete the mentioned questionnaire. The candidate who does not complete the above-mentioned questionnaire will be not considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in the process.
Note: If a candidate wants to modify his/her EE requirement process or want to fill the EE form on a later date he/she should inform the CRA by contacting them. Other than this the candidates can also apply for the post by the official website of CRA where the candidate has to give all the information asked about him/her. While applying online candidates should also have to mention their experience as well.
The procedure regarding the mentioning of experience and education is given below:
In the profile, in the “experience” section the candidate needs to clearly mention the number of months or number of years about his/her experience.
In the “education” section the candidate needs to apply his/her proof of education as required. The applications in which the experience and the education details aren’t mentioned will be rejected.
The candidates can apply till December 31, 2020, 11:59 PM Easter Time.
The candidates are requested to apply as fast as possible, only the first 300 candidates will be given preference at the beginning.
Therefore, this was the detailed explanation about the recruitment of Taxpayers Services Agent from CRA.